PRIMER's 10 Points of Media Bias
Your media may be biased if:
- the news reported is not objective or is laced with opinion or commentary but is not labeled as news analysis.
- the source of the news:
- is primarily from one source and not verified.
- is absent of an opposing balanced response.
- has a source of response predominately from the extreme political left or right.
- the selection of wire service stories, photos or op-eds reflects the personal views of the editor.
- the story is placed on the front page if it is unfavorable toward Israel or buried on the back page if it is favorable.
- the story repeats frequently if it is unfavorable toward Israel or does not repeat if it is favorable.
- headlines and photos do not reflect the major content of the story
- there are distortions.
- there are omissions and half-truths.
- there are inaccuracies.
- the opinion or commentary is not balanced or factual.